Postdoctoral Assistant (tenure track) (f/m) at the Department of Public, Nonprofit and Health Management – code 628H/18
Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt announces the following open position:
Postdoctoral Assistant (tenure track) (f/m)
at the Faculty of Management and Economics, Department of Public, Nonprofit and Health Management. This is a full-time position (initially limited to 6 years) with the option of negotiating a qualification agreement (Assistant Professor, tenure track, www.aau.at/en/uni-kv). Upon fulfilment of the qualification agreement, the post-holder is promoted to tenured Associate Professor. Minimum gross salary for this position is € 53,255.- per annum (§ 27 Uni-KV B1 lit b), € 62,978.- after promotion to Assistant Professor (§ 27 Uni-KV A2) and € 68,285.- after promotion to Associate Professor. Starting date is as soon as possible.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Independent research in the field of public management and further development of the candidate’s scientific qualification to the level required for an associate professorship;
- Independent and collaborative publication activities in international scientific journals;
- Active participation in national and international conferences;
- Preparation of grant applications and management of research projects;
- Graduate and undergraduate teaching, participation in the executive programs of the department, examination activities and supervision of students;
- Active engagement in the advancement of young scientists / new researchers;
- Participation in administration and in university committees;
- Participation in expanding international scientific and cultural contacts of the department;
- Representation of the department towards public institutions and project partners in the public, nonprofit and healthcare sector.
- Doctorate / PhD in management studies with a focus on public administration/public management, obtained with distinction;
- Outstanding research achievements and scientific publications in the field of public administration/public management;
- Relevant international experience (e.g. academic experience or work experience in the field of public administration or public management);
- Advanced English language skills.
Candidates must meet the required qualifications by April 10th, 2019, at the latest.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Embedding in the international research community in the field of public administration / public management;
- Experience in the main research areas of the department, i.e. public sector accounting, public budgeting, public financial management, or public personnel administration;
- Teaching experience (at university level) and didactic competence;
- Experience in administration of higher education institutions and committee work;
- Experience in grant applications and project management;
- German language skills;
- Communication and presentation skills, ability to work independently.
German language skills are not a prerequisite, but it is expected that the successful candidate will acquire work-level fluency in German within two years. The nature of the position requires the successful candidate to relocate to Klagenfurt.
The university aims to increase the proportion of women in scientific positions, especially in leadership and therefore encourages qualified women to apply for the position. In case of equivalent qualification between a female and a male candidate, the female candidate will be given preference.
Persons with disabilities or chronic diseases who fulfill the requirements are particularly encouraged to apply.
The application must be submitted electronically in pdf format using the reference code 628H/18 via the link www.aau.at/obf. The application must be written in English and must include a cover letter, the curriculum vitae (with information about the degrees including date/place/grade, the experience acquired, the thesis title, the list of publications and any other relevant information), copy of the degree certificates and transcripts of the courses and any certificate that can prove the fulfillment of the required qualifications (e.g., a copy of the final thesis/dissertation, if such a thesis was required by the study program), information about courses held and, if possible, student evaluations of these courses. The application should also include details of three contact persons who can supply corresponding references. The deadline for applications is April 10th, 2019.
General information for applicants is available on www.aau.at/en/jobs/information. Information about the Department of Public, Nonprofit and Health Management at Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt is available on www.aau.at/puma. The Chair of the Department of Public, Nonprofit and Health Management, Prof. Paolo Rondo-Brovetto, is available to provide further details and in case of any queries related to the position via paolo.rondo [at] aau.at or +43 463 2700 4131.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview. Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded.
Translations into other languages shall serve informational purposes only. The English version of the application alone shall be legally binding.
Der Beitrag Postdoctoral Assistant (tenure track) (f/m) at the Department of Public, Nonprofit and Health Management – code 628H/18 erschien zuerst auf University of Klagenfurt.
Source: AAU TEWI