Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt announces the following open position:
Tenure track professorship in clinical psychology
at the Faculty of Humanities, Institute of Psychology, Department of Clinical Psychology, Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis. The University of Klagenfurt plans to strengthen its psychodynamically oriented research group with a tenure track position. The Institute of Psychology, an active collaborative community with a diverse faculty and student body, offers an undergraduate program, a general M.A. program, and a Ph.D. program. The Department of Clinical Psychology, Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis has a focus on psychodynamically oriented approaches, which also includes mentalization-based treatment. An outpatient center that treats psychodynamically oriented depression and anxiety patients is part of the Institute of Psychology.
The University of Klagenfurt is a young, lively, innovative university located in the Austrian province of Carinthia, a meeting point of three cultures. The University is Carinthia’s largest academic institution and a hub for the Alps-Adriatic region in terms of knowledge acquisition, exchange and transfer (for more information please visit our website: www.aau.at/en/jobs/information).
This is a full-time position (initial employment limited to 6 years) with the option of negotiating a qualification agreement (Assistant Professor, tenure track). Upon fulfilling the qualification agreement, the postholder is promoted to tenured Associate Professor (permanent employment). Earliest starting date is 1st of September 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities
Participation in the Institute’s research, psychological service and teaching tasks, including:
- Independent research in the field of clinical psychology with a psychodynamic emphasis and further development of the candidate’s scientific qualification to the level required for Associate Professorship
- Grant acquisition and management of research projects (national and international)
- Graduate and undergraduate teaching with an emphasis on psychotherapeutic work with adults, examination activities, and supervision of students
- Publications in international journals and active participation in national and international conferences
- Participation in administration, in university committees, and in quality assurance activities
- Contribution to the international scientific network of the Institute of Psychology
- Master’s degree or diploma and PhD/doctorate in psychology
- Profound knowledge in the field of clinical psychology (e.g., in psychopathology and in different interventions for treatment of psychological disorders)
- Empirical background in psychotherapy processes and/or outcome research
- Research interest in psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Competence in statistical methods
- Publications in international peer-reviewed clinical psychology or psychotherapy journals
- Teaching experience at university level
- Excellent English skills (speaking and writing), willingness to obtain German speaking skills
Candidates must meet the required qualifications by 23rd of August, 2019 at the latest.
Additional desired qualifications
- Research, publications or active participation in conferences in the field of psychodynamically oriented psychotherapy research, for example on topics such as reflective functioning, attachment, intersession psychotherapy, therapeutic alliance and outcome
- Expertise in advanced statistical methods relevant for clinical psychology (e.g., hierarchical linear models or time series analyses)
- Clinical training and experience in working with patients with mental disorders after obtaining a Master’s degree
- Experience in third-party grant applications and project management (national and international)
- Experience in organizing workshops in clinical psychology or related fields (e.g., health psychology or psychological assessment)
- International experience
- Research interests overlapping with other research topics at the Institute of Psychology (e.g., public health, wisdom, social exclusion or gerontopsychology)
- Excellent grades for Master’s and Doctoral/PhD degrees
- Experience with academic administrative duties
- Ability to cooperate in a team, social and communicative competence
The nature of the position requires the candidate to work in Klagenfurt. The Department of Clinical Psychology, Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis is currently expanding. Our team offers a friendly and dynamic work atmosphere.
The university aims to increase the proportion of women in scientific positions, especially in leadership and therefore encourages qualified women to apply for the position. In case of equivalent qualification, women are accepted preferentially.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfill the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Salary and application
The minimum gross salary for this position is € 53,255.- per annum (§ 27 Uni-KV B1 lit b), € 62,978.- after promotion to Assistant Professor (§ 27 Uni-KV A2) and € 68,285.- after promotion to Associate Professor.
Applications in English and German are welcome and should include a CV, cover letter, and the names of three referees, as well as copies of certificates and degrees. The deadline for applications is 15th of May 2019.
Applications must be submitted online between 3rd and 24th of April 2019 via www.aau.at/obf (please indicate reference code 24/19). Because of a scheduled system migration, you will not be able to apply between 25th and 29th of April 2019. Applications lodged between 30 th of April and 15 th of May 2019 have to be submitted via the Job Portal jobs.aau.at in the category „scientific staff“ by pressing the button „Apply here“ under the job code 24/19 in the Job Portal.
Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded. Translations of this announcement into other languages shall serve informational purposes only. The English version alone shall be legally binding.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Sylke Andreas (Sylke.andreas [at] aau.at), phone +43(0)463 2700 1625.
Der Beitrag Tenure track professorship in clinical psychology at the Faculty of Humanities, Institute of Psychology, Department of Clinical Psychology, Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis erschien zuerst auf University of Klagenfurt.
Source: AAU TEWI