Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt announces the following open position:
PreDoc Scientist (f/m) (in German: Universitätsassistent/in)
at the Faculty of Humanities, Departmant of Psychology, Health Psychology Unit (temporary contract for 4 years, scheme Uni-KV B1 www.aau.at/uni-kv, 100 % employment). The minimum monthly gross salary amounts to € 2,794.60 (14 x per year) and can increase according to collective agreements regarding allowance for professional experience specific to the position. The expected starting date of the position is March 1st, 2019.
The tasks and responsibilities of the position include:
- Conducting scientific research and activities required for the fulfillment of a doctoral degree in psychology
- Teaching basic and special courses in the Bachelor’s and Master’s in psychology programs
- Participation in the administrative and organizational responsibilities of the Department
- Master’s or Diploma degree in the area of psychological science at a domestic or foreign higher education institution
- Research interest in the area of family health psychology, public health and/or behavioral interventions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in teams
- Excellent English language skills
Proof of fulfillment of the required qualifications is to be provided together with the application documents by the 14th of February 2019 at the latest.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- A research record, documented by international peer-reviewed publications and/or presentations
- Excellent German language skills
- Expertise in quantitative research methods
- Experience in university teaching in the areas relevant to the position
The position aims at the advanced professional and scientific training of graduates of a Master’s or Diploma degree programme with the goal of doctoral promotion in Psychology. Applicants with a completed Doctorate or Ph.D. in a related discipline are therefore ineligible for the position.
Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt aims to increase the proportion of women in scientific positions, especially in leadership, and therefore encourages qualified women to apply for the position. In case of equivalent qualification, women are accepted preferentially.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfil the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications from qualified candidates with a migration background are encouraged.
General information for applicants can be found at www.aau.at/en/jobs/information
Applications with the customary documents are to be submitted no later than 2nd of January 2019 indicating reference code 59H/18 to Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt, Dekanatekanzlei / Recruiting, exclusively via the online application form at www.aau.at/obf.
Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded.
Source: AAU TEWI