Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt announces the following open position in compliance with §107 para. 1 Universities Act 2002:
Postdoc-Assistant (m/f) (tenure track)
at the Faculty of Technical Sciences, Department of Smart System-Technologies, Control of Networked Systems Group (Univ.-Prof. Dr. Stephan Weiss). This is a full-time position (initial employment limited to 6 years) with the option of negotiating a qualification agreement (promotion to Assistant Professor). Upon fulfilling the qualification agreement, the position progresses from Assistant to tenured Associate Professor. Minimum gross salary for this position is €51,955.40 per annum (§27 Uni-KV B1 lit b), €61,441.80 after promotion to Assistant Professor (§27 Uni-KV A2) and €66,619.00 after promotion to Associate Professor. Preferred starting date is September 1st, 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independent research and further development of the candidate’s scientific qualification to the level required for Associate Professorship,
- Publications and active participation in international conferences,
- Preparation of grant applications and management of research projects,
- Graduate and undergraduate teaching, examination activities, and supervision of students,
- Active support in shaping our young research group
- Participation in administration, in university committees, and in public relations activities
In the Control of Networked Systems Group, we seek to push the current limits in state estimation, cooperative visual perception, and multi-modal sensor fusion for autonomous and mobile networked systems. The group publishes in international top journals and conference proceedings. Successful applicants will be encouraged and supported to publish their work in such journals and proceedings and will have the opportunity to cooperate with our world-renowned international partners from science and industry. We currently cooperate with partners mainly in the USA, Australia, Asia, and in Europe. We specifically encourage and support close and open collaboration with our peers both internationally and at the university. Our teaching areas encompass Control, Systems Theory, Control of Autonomous Systems and Vision-Based State Estimation. At doctoral student level, our group leads a recently established doctoral school in Networked Autonomous Aerial Vehicles encompassing three other research groups and two other institutes at the university. The topic of the doctoral school is a main research area of the entire university (cf. www.aau.at/en/research/research-profile/main-research-areas).
Our young research group provides a highly dynamic, familiar, and friendly attitude and thus a collaborative and inspiring work environment with highly modern infrastructure, which is continuously updated and upgraded. Successful applicants will have the unique opportunity to actively be part of shaping this new research group while enjoying the benefit of a well-established and supportive institute and university around the group. For more information visit sst.aau.at/cns and uav.aau.at.
- PhD in the area of information and communications engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or computer science, graded with excellent academic success at a domestic or foreign higher education institution.
- Proven knowledge and extensive experience in at least one of the following areas: Probabilistic state estimation, vision-based navigation, multi-modal sensor fusion, autonomous (aerial) vehicle guidance and navigation.
- Excellent track record in scientific publications in one or more of the above areas.
- Proven programming skills in Matlab, C / C ++, or ROS.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Relevant international or practical experience.
- Experience in teaching and student supervision.
- Experience in research project acquisition and leadership.
- Fluency in spoken and written German.
- Social and communication skills, ability to work independently.
Candidates must meet the required qualifications by August 31st, 2018 at the latest.
German language skills are not a formal prerequisite, but acquirement is expected within two years. The nature of the position requires the candidate to relocate to Klagenfurt.
The university aims to increase the proportion of women in scientific positions, especially in leadership and therefore encourages qualified women to apply for the position. In case of equivalent qualification, women are accepted preferentially.
Persons with disabilities or chronic diseases who fulfill the requirements are particularly encouraged to apply.
The application must be submitted electronically in pdf format using the reference code 292H/18 via the link www.aau.at/obf. The application must be written in English, including a letter of motivation, the curriculum vitae (with information about the degrees including date/place/grade, the experience acquired, the thesis title, the list of publications if any and any other relevant information), copy of the degree certificates and transcripts of the courses and any certificate that can prove the fulfillment of the required qualifications (e.g. the submission of the final thesis/dissertation if required by the study program) and including details of three contact persons who can supply corresponding references. The deadline for the applications is July 18th, 2018.
General information for applicants is available on www.aau.at/jobs/information. Information about research on Networked Autonomous Aerial Systems at Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt is available on uav.aau.at. Further information about the related doctoral school is provided on www.aau.at/en/research/research-profile/karl-popper-kolleg. Additional information on the Control of Networked Systems Group is available on sst.aau.at/cns or by contacting Prof. Dr. Stephan Weiss, +43 463 2700 3571, Stephan.Weiss [at] aau.at.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview. Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded.
Translations into other languages shall serve informational purposes only. The English version alone shall be legally binding.
Der Beitrag Postdoc-Assistant (m/f), tenure track at the Faculty of Technical Sciences, Department of Smart System-Technologies, Control of Networked Systems Group – reference code 292H/18 erschien zuerst auf Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt.
Source: AAU TEWI